Sunday, 13 May 2012

The 80's: A Fans Point Of View: Part 7

Pin It now!


Q7: If you had to pick just one standout movie from the 80's what would it be and why?



Jeff: God, it's either "The Shining" or "The Thing"....let me think.........thinking......still thinking.......damn this is tough......

"The Thing".....yeah Carpenter's "The Thing".

Kathy: I have to say "A Nightmare on Elm Street", but as Jeff said "The Shining" is a great choice. Forgot to tell you why didn't I , well I think "Nightmare" was an extremely unique movie it had you traveling in and out of the darkness. I know it was not utterly horrifying but it did have the some element of surprise, I supose I just found it fun.

Grant: Lots of great choices, LOTS! My choice would be "Evil Dead 2". I loved it on so many levels. Horror, gore, comedy, clever industry references, pioneering early skills of the Raimi's, and the genre genius of fledgling upstart Bruce Campbell. I have seen this movie countless times. For years my gang and I watched it every weekend. I lost my count after 87 views years ago.

Robin: At the risk of sounding like I have no mind of my own Im going to have to agree with Kathy. It echoed dreams I actually have. Scared me a lot......And oh yes Johnny Depp!

Kathy: You added the cherry to sudae Robin, Johnny Depp!

Robin: Right Kathy! Something the boys wont agree with. Johnny Depp ups the ante in any movie!

Jeff: Hey, I actually like most of the movies Depp is in. I'm not a Depp hater like most guys, but mostly because he's in movies that I see because of the directors involved.

Robin: Sorry for not giving you enough credit. He's a good actor but oh so hot.

Jeff: I'll give you the actor part, LOL! I guess if I were female I'd agree with the second.

Kathy: He really is a versatile actor and not afraid to make a role his own. I think he is brilliant and easy on the eyes doesn't hurt.

Robin: Look how we hijacked this conversation, sorry lol

2 comments:

  1. For me it will always be Friday The 13th movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's certainly a favourite of many fans

    ReplyDelete