Monday, 24 September 2012

Horror Review: Truth Or Dare (2012)

Pin It now!

A group of British teens travel to an isolated cabin after being promised a night of heavy partying. Problem is, is that they don't get the fun they were promised.


I've said it before and I'll say it again, the British Horror scene seems to be getting stronger with each passing year, We'll probably never reach the heights like we did with the Hammer Horror era again but we can get close and you can feel it can happen.



When I began to watch this film I felt I was in for you're average run of the mill revenge film and whilst it never strays too far from that you feel like Director Robert Heath did try to do something different, I just wish he had the confidence to push it a bit further but with this being only his third full length feature I'm sure that confidence will grow with more experience.

Even though this film plays more towards the thrills than the Horror it still has it's moments. It has a claustrophobic feel to it that I love, I know it was probably down to budget constraints but it definitely worked in the films favour. Also there are a few plot holes but nothing major, nothing that ruins the film anyway.


The cast is great, even though they're very two dimensional characters the group played all their parts fantastically. Especially Jennie Jacques who plays 'Eleanor', she is definitely an actress with a bright future, I've seen her in a couple of low budget British flicks and she just seems to get better with each film she does. 

The characters are not ones to be liked, which is a weird thing to have since we're usually given at-least one character to root for, it's truly a weird feeling to have but a refreshing one. the plot unfolds at a nice pace and we're rewarded with some great twists that I won't ruin for you.


I highly enjoyed it and it does enough to keep you interested till the end, it won't blow your mind but it will entertain you.

If you want to see the "Truth Or Dare" trailer then just click on the video below:

No comments:

Post a Comment