Friday, 24 May 2013

Horror Review: 2 Hours (2012)

Pin It now!

A nameless survivor is ambushed and infected with the virus, a beautiful gift to the world.

Anyone who's on the 'Raz's Midnight Macabre' Facebook page will know I absolutely love Horror shorts. So when this ended up in my inbox not only did I have to share it with you all, I had to review it as-well.


Some of you out there may be getting sick of zombies, personally I can never get enough of them. With "2 Hours" we get a more psychological aspect of the situation the survivors which I love.

The acting isn't exactly brilliant but the amateurish portrayal by the cast gives it a sense of realism which you don't really see in a-lot of indie features so it worked well. there's no overacting or upstaging, just pure enthusiasm in their roles.


One thing that strikes you very quickly with this Horror short is the beautiful cinematography, it's hard to believe that not only is this the debut film of Michael Ballif he also directed it, co-wrote it, edited it, did the visual effects and more. A true test of a man honing his craft.

Horror shorts are fast becoming much more popular again and it's great to see the likes of Michael Ballif in the mix of young, talented filmmakers who are putting out great work such as this, I just hope someone out there is taking notice of them.


"2 Hours" is a fantastic Horror short and I highly recommend you give it a viewing.

If you want to see the "2 Hours" short for yourself then just click on the video below:

No comments:

Post a Comment