Friday, 14 June 2013

Horror Review: Jug Face (2013)

Pin It now!

Jug Face tells the story of a pregnant teen trying to escape a backwoods community when she discovers that she may be sacrificed to a creature in a pit.

I saw the trailer for this film whilst doing work for my brother site SomeWhatNerdy, the moment I saw it I knew I HAD to see this film.


We are taken into a tight-knit community full of hillbillies and moonshine. It's also a town full of superstition as they abide by the tradition of The Pit, a mysterious hole in the ground that they have an age old pact with.

The one thing that drew me to this film was it's trailer, it left me curious and intrigued, something that is a rarity these days. I'm happy to say the film didn't disappoint me at all, to me it was a breath of fresh air in todays industry.


There is no messing about with this film, what you see is what you get and what you get is a straightforward story that captures you from the beginning and doesn't let go of you till the credits start rolling, it's set at a pace Hitchcock would be proud of.

I was shocked to see this was writer/director Chad Kinkle's debut film, he delivers a clever, original film and I can't wait to see what this guy has lined up for us. Chad Kinkle is definitely a name I will be looking out for in the future.


"Jug Face" is an exceptional independent film, I recommend it to anyone who is looking for something different to watch.

If you want to see the "Jug Face" trailer then just click on the video below:

No comments:

Post a Comment