Saturday, 25 October 2014

31 Days Of Horror: Day 25 - Murder Party (2007)

Pin It now!

A random invitation to a Halloween party leads a man into the hands of a rogue collective

This movie originally passed me by until recently, but I sure am glad it caught up with me.



The plot outline sounds like something we've seen a million times so I initially put off watching it for a little while, even when I finally watched it I decided not to watch the trailer, it felt more like a "let's get this over with". 

Oh how wrong I was, for the next 80 minutes I found myself howling with laughter, not at how bad it was but at how well wrote the film script was with it's truly dark humour. 



From the off it's obvious the film is low budget, apparently it was filmed on a budget of nothing, but don't let that put you off. I find the financial restriction of the film only helped it, it helped the cast gave a good on-screen chemistry.

Writer and Director Jeremy Saulnier did a truly great job with this feature and the acting is truly great, Macon Blair is fantastic as our lead character and has you feeling so sorry for him, which is very hard to do.



"Murder Party" I feel is a must see, it's going to be a future cult classic.


If you want to see the "Murder Party" trailer then just click on the video below:


No comments:

Post a Comment